It’s VeganMoFo again!
This year we have a different theme for each week. We’ve chosen a different food culture for every week and every day we try something new or tell you about our old favourites.
- Week one will be Northern Europe. We’ve blogged about Finnish food in Mofo 2011 and 2012, and now we expand to other Nordic countries.
- Week two will be Eastern Europe. They use a lot of meat and dairy, but we’ll veganize the recipes when needed.
- Week three will be Middle East. There’s so many delicious vegan/vegetarian dishes that this part of the world. Hummus and falafel anyone?
- Last week will be a little farther: Middle America (Mexico, Central America and Caribbean).
We have some cookbooks and zines to help us:
We also have a theme for each day of the week:
- Monday is a bread day. Breads, pies and other savoury baked things made of dough fall into this category.
- Tuesday is a salad day.
- Wednesday is a sweet day. Desserts, cakes, jam.. Anything sweet.
- Thursday is soup day.
- Friday is for snacks and party food.
- Saturday is for veganizing. We choose a dish that is normally heavy with meat, eggs and/or dairy and create a vegan version of it.
- Sunday is a free choice.
Happy mofoing everyone!